Are you ready for “Wedding Fair Season?”-Part One
It’s that time of year, Wedding Fairs are in abundance to help newly engaged couples begin planning their nuptials.
Here at the Opera House, we are getting ready for our annual Wedding Faire taking place on January 31, 2016.
Each year we invite some of our favorite vendors to gather here in one place to help our couples with planning their special day.
For more information on how to get tickets to join us on January 31, 2016 give us a call at 707-446-4441.
At the Opera House we pride ourselves on helping couples plan their special day. It is our goal to alleviate some of the stress of planning for your wedding. Our Wedding Faire helps couples by bringing together local vendors from each category, providing an opportunity to meet and talk with a variety of wedding professionals in one location.
Ahead of our Wedding Faire we are publishing a series of blogs to help couples make the most of the face time they have with vendors at the Opera House Wedding Faire. We begin our series with a general list of questions you will want to ask each vendor you are interviewing. Each following blog post will have vendor specific questions to ask based on a wedding professional category. Each post will address what you need to know from your florist, photographer, caterer, baker, and DJ.
PART ONE: General questions for any wedding professional
- If you know your date, are they available?
- Will there be a written contract?
- Do they accept credit cards?
- What amount of deposit is required to save the date?
- When is the final remaining amount due?
- Is the deposit refundable if the event has to be cancelled?
- What is the vendor policy in case of illness on the part of the vendor?
- Do they have back-up staff?
- Do they have liability insurance?
- How many staff members will you have for your event?
- How do their staff members dress for events?
- If extra time is needed what is the charge per hour?
- Will their staff clean up their equipment after the event?
- How much time is needed to set-up and break down after the event?
- Have they done events at my venue?
- Can they offer you references?